Sullen and soft-spoken, Ash is a Phantom and serves as Marona's guardian. Formerly a Chroma, Ash died protecting Marona alongside her parents. With the last of his power, Marona's father trapped Ash between life and death, enabling him to continue to look after Marona in their stead. Invisible to most mortal eyes, Ash now resides on Phantom Isle with Marona, disposing of hateful mail directed towards Marona, who many people believe to be possessed by dark spirits, and generally filling the role of a legal guardian/foster brother.
In combat, Ash is offense-oriented, particularly in regards to his physical stats, reflecting the selflessness and bravery with which he readily throws himself into the thick of the fight. His unique techniques tend to involve the Water element and dragon motifs, and also suggest that he uses the water dragon Eccarlate's power in his own attacks: whether he killed this dragon and stole its powers, formed a pact with it, or makes use of its power in some other way (if any at all) remains unknown.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 7-A, likely 6-C | At least High 4-C, likely 4-B | 3-C | 3-A
Age: 26 (18 physically, as that was his age at time of death)
Classification: Phantom, Former Chroma, Swordsman
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Magic, Flight, Invisible and intangible to humans unless he chooses to be visible, Fire, Water, Ice, Wind, Lightning, Earth, Explosion, Light, Darkness, Chi, Mind, Time, Spatial, and Soul Manipulation, Nigh-Immunity to Soul Manipulation, Resistance to Elemental Water and Ice, and to Mind, Time, and Spatial Manipulation, Healing, Can amplify his own stats or those of allies, decrease an enemys, and apply status effects, Fourth Wall Awareness, Can borrow the power and techniques tied to an object he is confined to | As before, plus Minor Reality Warping and Toon Force, and Resistance to Reality Warping and hostile Toon Force affects
Attack Potency: At least Small Island level+, likely Island level (On-par with Sulphur, who is many times more powerful than beings who can amplify bombs to 1 gigaton yields with their magic) | At least Large Star level, likely Solar System level (On-par with Disgaea 1-era Laharl, Etna, Flonne, Vyers, and Pringer X) | Galaxy level (On-par with monsters powerful enough to do this) | Universe level (Can keep pace with monsters capable of recreating the Big Bang by punching)
Speed: Unknown. Likely Massively Hypersonic+ (While evading attacks is impossible in-game due to gameplay mechanics, it is implied in the lore that the characters in the game can generally react to one another's attacks, including natural lightning: additionally, several attacks in-game are portrayed as similar in speed to lightning) | Massively FTL (Can keep pace with the cast of Disgaea 1) | Massively FTL+ (Can fly from one galaxy to another in only a couple of seconds) | Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with full-power Flonne and Etna)
Lifting Strength: Unknown | Class Z | Class Z | Pre-Stellar
Striking Strength: At least Small Island Class+, likely Island Class | At least Large Star Class, likely Solar System Class | Galactic Class | Universal Class
Durability: At least Small Island level+, likely Island level (Can take hits from Sulphur) | At least Large Star level, likely Solar System level | Galaxy level | Universe level
Range: Varies from Standard melee range to Tens of kilometers | Varies from Standard melee range to Interplanetary | Varies from Standard melee range to Intergalactic | Varies from Standard melee range to Universal
Standard Equipment: Usually carries a weapon, such as a sword of some kind.
Intelligence: Above Average; particularly savvy as a combatant
Weaknesses: Cannot act in the physical world unless confined to an existing object. His stats can fluctuate, increase, or decrease depending on what he is confined to.
- Solemn Vow: Passively doubles his ATK and INT on the final turn in which he is able to act.
- Burst: Fires a short-range bullet of energy at an enemy.
- Fire Slash: A circular sweep that attacks in all directions, inflicting fire damage.
- Berserker: Rushes forward into enemies in a cone, damaging and pushing them away.
- Hurricane Slash: Surrounds the enemy with a small hurricane, throwing them into the air, then smashes them downwards before delivering a final blow that drives them into the earth.
- Dimension Slash: Jumps up, forming a gigantic energy saber that cleaves through the entire map, creating a massive explosion.
- Snake Beater: Forms a blade made of water and sends it at opponents as a sentient serpentine beast of water.
- Eccarlate: Throws a whirlwind of turquoise energy at an enemy, ripping them to shreds, before summoning four water dragon spirits and absorbing them into himself. With a final dash, Ash flies through an enemy, smashing them with the power of the water dragons imbued into his weapon.
- Rising Dragon: Punches an opponent skyward, then follows them high into the air, before delivering a powerful second punch enhanced by immense amounts of bluish draconic energy.
Key: Main Game | Post-Game | Disgaea 4 Appearance | Disgaea D2 Appearance