|“||I don't care if I have the Loptyrian Clan's blood in me. I have Saint Maira's blood and he fought for the good of the people. The Fire God Fjalar is also one of my ancestors. I will use my power to create a world which is free of prejudice. One where all people can live without fear of repression! Of course, Sigurd knows way too much. Consider him a sacrifice to the greater good.||„|
|~ Arvis to Manfroy in Genealogy of the Holy War|
Arvis (アルヴィス Aruvisu, Alvis in the Japanese version) is an antagonist of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. After the death of King Azmur, he is appointed as the emperor of Grannvale. He is the son of Duke Victor of Velthomer and Cigyun, and the descendant of Fjalar on his father's side and Saint Maera on his mother's side. Arvis is said to possess the "gift of Kings", a talent and toughness that he had even as a child, allowing him to lead Velthomer at an early age after his father's suicide. He is largely manipulated by Manfroy because he has minor Loptous blood, making him the key to Manfroy's dark ambitions. He is the father of Julius, Julia, and Saias.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-C | High 6-B
Origin: Fire Emblem
Age: Late-20s to mid-30s
Classification: Human, Emperor
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Extrasensory Perception, Magic, Power Nullification (Can passively negate enemies' abilities), Fire Manipulation, Lightning Manipulation, Wind Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Forcefield Creation via Pavise, Soul Manipulation (Can kill souls), Can survive without his soul | Fire Manipulation, Light Manipulation (Valflame turns the surrounding area red), Statistics Amplification (Valflame increases his magic, defense, and magical resistance)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Town Class (Would be this powerful with the Silver Blade) | Unknown
Durability: Town level (Can take hits from Base Seliph) | Large Country level (Fought Seliph, who was using Tyrfing)
Stamina: Superhuman (Can contend with Seliph)
Range: Extended melee range with swords, tens of meters with tomes and Valflame, hundreds of meters with meteor.
- Valflame: Due to having Major Fjalar Blood, Arvis is capable of using the Holy fire tome, Valflame, which he used to personally kill Sigurd and in his fight against Seliph.
- Recover Ring: Like its name suggests, this ring is imbued with the power of the Recover Staff, completely replenishing its wearer's HP at the start of every turn.
- Nihil (FE4): The special techniques of Arvis' enemies will fail to function in Arvis's presence.
- Pavise (FE4): Arvis can sometimes completely nullify an oncoming attack.
- Charm (FE4): As the Emperor of Grannvale, Arvis inspires his allies to dodge and land hits more often when near him.
Standard Equipment: Valflame, Recover Ring, Silver Blade
Intelligence: Very intelligent battle commander and Emperor.
Weaknesses: None notable
Keys: With Most Weapons | With Valflame