|“||You no longer have to sacrifice for your people. You no longer have to bear the weight of your crown. I've taken care of everything.||„|
|~ Ner'zhul to Arthas|
Arthas Menethil was the son of King Terenas Menethil of Lordaeron. He used to be a paladin and one of the best soldiers in the kingdom.
The events of the Third War between the Alliance and the Orcs drove him to abandon his idealistic stance in favor of purging the plague of undeath caused by Ner'zhul. Causing him to find the sword Frostmourne, which consumed his soul and turned him into a Death Knight. When he went back to his kingdom, he murdered his own father and his own people.
Later on he merged with Ner'zhul, turning him into the Lich King. Years later, he was defeated by Tirion Fordring and his warriors.
Powers and Stats
Name: Arthas Menethil, The Lich King
Age: 31 At the time of his death
Classification: Human, former Paladin, Death Knight, Prince of Lordaeron, Host to the Lich King, Undead, Ruler of the Undead
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Ice, Blood, and Unholy Magic, Immortality (Types 1, 6 & 7), Teleportation via Deathgates, Chilling Aura, Can summon spirits, Soul Manipulation via Frostmourne, Mind Control, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Disease Manipulation, Able to convert others into Death Knights under his control, Illusion Creation, Resurrection
Speed: At least Subsonic (Should be equal to Illidan)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown
Stamina: Extremely high (Being undead he doesn't need to rest)
Range: Several dozen meters, continental with telepathy, planetary range with the Scourge and magic
Standard Equipment: Frostmourne, Helm of Domination
Intelligence: Extremely good teacher, skilled fighter, good at telling people’s emotions, good knowledge of human anatomy, can think complex thoughts like marking really quickly
Weaknesses: Holy magic to an extent.
- Remorseless Winter: A chilling frost aura which slows and deals massive amounts of frost damage to those near him.
- Shadow Traps: Black void zones which send any one standing in them several kilometers in the air.
- Defile: Black void zones which grow in size and power if something is standing in them.
- Fury of Frostmourne: Blasts nearby enemies with the power of his runeblade, sealing their souls into the blade.
- Harvest Soul: Sucks the soul of a living into Frostmourne.
- Raise Dead: Raises the corpses of the fallen.
- Death Gates: Waygates allowing for teleportation from anywhere in the world back to the Icecrown Citadel.