|“||"For we now fight in the belief that our kind has not seen its end. That we protoss can stand bound by a belief in unity. And that we protoss will forge a great and mighty new civilization! Trust in each other in the fight ahead. Strike as one will! Let our last stand burn a memory so bright that we will be known throughout eternity!"||„|
Artanis is a Protoss warrior and residing Heirarch of the Templar. He was originally a High Templar and scout pilot before rising to the rank of Praetor, Executor, and finally Heirarch due to his heroic actions, intelligence, and combat prowess.
As a Protoss, Artanis possesses vast psionic and physical abilities. The Protoss all wear power suits which enhance their physical abilities past already superhuman levels, enabling them to move extremely quickly, project psionic blades, be protected by forcefields, as well as better focus their psionic powers, such as energy projection and teleportation. Before his separation from the Khala, he was able to draw upon and feel the collective thoughts and emotions of all others connected to it, being able to access information from millions of minds at a time. After its corruption, however, he had to be separated from it via the severing of his nerve cords located on the back of his head in order to avoid corruption and possession by the dark entity Amon. Despite this separation, Artanis retained most of his powers.
Artanis is a proud warrior and excellent leader, able to command vast forces almost seamlessly as well as defeat powerful enemies on the battlefield. Contemplative yet fervent, Artanis will stop at nothing to defeat his enemies and protect and unite his people.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-A
Age: 270 years old at the end of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
Classification: Alien, Protoss, Heirarch
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, and durability, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Telepathy (stronger pre-Khala separation), Teleportation, Mild Precognition (stronger pre-Khala separation), Forcefield Projection, Healing, Regeneration (Low), Durability Negation via Psionic Blades and Psionic Storm
Lifting Strength: Class 10 (Should be physically stronger than the Primal Queen of Blades, who was able to lift a Hybrid Reaver off of her while wounded)
Striking Strength: Multi-Continent Class
Stamina: Very High (Able to fight for long periods of time with very little sign of tiring)
Range: Extended melee range. Several Meters with psoinic attacks
Standard Equipment: Protoss Power Suit, Psoinic Blade Emitters, Psoinic Forcefield Emitter
Intelligence: Very High (Veteran of numerous battles; rose the ranks at a very fast rate; led the Protoss through many terrible threats as Executor and Heirarch)
Weaknesses: While still linked to the Khala, Artantis was vulnerable to psionic corruption and possession. Artanis is prideful at times, and can be brash if provoked.
- Psionic Storm: Artanis can create disturbances in psionic energies in a target location, tearing them into a vicious storm. This storm attacks almost every aspect of an enemy, from mind, to body, to armor; it can quickly rip even a durable enemy apart from its core.
- Lightning Dash: Artanis blinks a short distance instantly, attacking any enemy upon arrival and stunning any unkilled by the initial attack.
- Resurgence: When Artanis is in a pinch, he can harness his psionic abilities to render himself invulnerable to damage for a short time, all the while healing himself and restoring his shields to maximum. Upon use, he releases a psionic wave that throws back all enemies, damaging them in the process.
- Astral Wind: Unleashes a restorative wave of psionic energy, healing himself and his allies as well as recharging affected units' shields.
- Force of Will: Artanis' advanced armor and heightened psionic power allow him to gain back his shields three times faster than normal as well as slowly regenerating his life and healing his wounds.