Iori Hida and his partner Armadillomon are two of the DigiDestined in Digimon Adventure 02. Calm and level-headed, they serve as foils to their gung-ho teammates. However, due to being the youngest member of the DigiDestined, Iori is insecure and strives to act mature despite his young age, which leads to complications during the story.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C | At least High 6-C | At least High 6-C | At least High 6-C
Name: Cody/Iori Hida, Armadimon\Armadillomon, Digmon, Submarimon, Ankylomon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (Digimon attacks are able to interact with each others' Digicores, which constitute a Digimon's mind and soul. Hence, all Digimon are able to manipulate, attack, and destroy the minds and souls of others), Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (The bodies of Digimon shield their Digicores from the attacks of other Digimon, which in turn protect their minds and souls from external interference) | Earth Manipulation, Can fire drills at opponents | Water Manipulation, Air Manipulation
Attack Potency: Large Building level (Comparable to other Rookie Digimon) | At least Large Island level (Scaling to other Armor Digimon) | At least Large Island level (Scaling to other Armor Digimon) | At least Large Island level (Comparable to XV-mon)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Comparable to other Rookie level Digimon, such as Tentomon) | Massively Hypersonic+ with Relativistic reactions (Equal to other Champion Digimon such as Dobermon) | Massively Hypersonic+ with Relativistic reactions (Able to keep up with XV-mon in Episode 28) | Relativistic (Able to keep up with Ikkakumon and MegaSeadramon in Episode 16)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Building Class (Can cut down trees in Episode 5) | At least Large Island Class | At least Large Island Class (Breaks the Evil Spiral on Megaseadramon in Episode 16 which has been established to require building level Digimon attacks) | At least Large Island Class (Can knock down Dark Towers/Control Spires)
Durability: Large Building level (Via power-scaling to other Rookie Digimon) | At least Large Island level (Tanked a hit from Tyranomon's Fire Breath attack in Episode 3) | At least Large Island level (Survived being hit by one of Marinedevimon's tentacles in Episode 43) | At least Large Island level (More durable than Champion Digimon)
Range: Standard melee range | Extended melee range with drills, several dozen meters with projectiles | Extended melee range with drill, Several dozen meters with projectiles | Several meters due to sheer size, several dozen meters with projectiles
Standard Equipment: Claws, hammer tail, drills
Intelligence: Armadillomon is generally calm, level-headed, and honest, being something of a wisecracker and is a calming influence on the team. He is rather passive in combat, and generally looks before he leaps. However, he's much more enthusiastic in his evolved forms, charging into combat somewhat recklessly, but not nearly to the extent of his allies.
Weaknesses: Digimon will devolve back to their weaker forms if they use up too much energy. Armadimon must be well fed to evolve.
- Rolling Stone: Rolls into a ball and spins into the foe.
- Rigid Block: Repels attacks by curling into a ball.
- Scratch Beat: Rapidly claws at foe.
- Big Crack: Drills into the ground to create a fissure that shoots chunks of rock at the opponent.
- Gold Rush: Fires all his drills at the enemy at once.
- Aqua Vulcan: Fires jets of compressed water to attack the enemy.
- Oxygen Homing: Discharges super-compressed oxygen as powerful air bullets.
- Submarine Attack: Rams into foe while the nose-tip drill is spinning.
- Armor Stampede: Charges forward and head-butts the enemy with his massive weight.
- Megaton Press: Leaps into the air and body-slams the enemy, crushing it under his weight.
- Rhythmical Knock: Slams forefeet down into the ground to cause pillars of earth to shoot up from the ground and slam into the foe.
- Tail Hammer: Slams his armored tail into the enemy.
Key: Armadimon | Digmon | Submarimon | Ankylomon
Note: This profile covers Armadimon as he appears in Digimon Adventure 02.