|“||We are, after all, transient ghosts without flesh. It would be nice if there was even a single being that we etched into this world, don’t you think?||„|
|~ Chiron to Astolfo regarding his decision to help Sieg|
Archer of "Black" ("黒"のアーチャー, "Kuro" no Āchā) is the Archer-class Servant of Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia of the Black Faction in the Great Holy Grail War of Fate/Apocrypha.
Archer's True Name is Chiron (ケイローン, Keirōn), a centaur, half man and half horse, who was known as a great sage among his kind in Greek mythology. He is the son of the Titan Cronus, patron of the harvest and the earth, and the deity Philyra, making him a Divine Spirit that would not normally qualify for the status of Heroic Spirit. However, due to giving up his immortality to escape from the agony of being shot with hydra poison, he lost enough of his Divinity to be able to qualify for the role of a Heroic Spirit. His wish is to regain his immortality, as selfish as it may be, as it was the only gift that remained of his parents.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B, At least 7-A with his Bow and Antares Snipe, higher with charged arrows
Name: Archer of "Black", Chiron
Classification: Archer-Class Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Master Sword, Lancer, and Bow Wielder, Can see and snipe targets that are in a dense forests several kilometres away, Resistance to Magic such as Mind Manipulation, Petrification, and Spatial Manipulation, Precognition (By using his Clairvoyance in conjunction with his observation ability Chiron is capable of limited future sight), Skilled in a variety of professions, including medicine,Healing, astrology, magic, and Pankration, Can use the power of the constellation to guide one arrow to its target per night, Intangibility and Invisibility in spirit form, Immunity to conventional weapons, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy)
Attack Potency: At least City level (Managed to hurt both Mordred and Achilles in close combat), At least Mountain level with his bow and Antares Snipe (Could shoot down Atalanta's arrows, his arrows can also easily punch through Mordred's armor), higher with charged arrows (Should be comparable to Atalanta's charged arrows)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions via power-scaling (Read the movements of Achilles with ease and held the upper-hand against him despite him being the fastest hero of all eras)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least City Class
Durability: At least City level via power-scaling (Tanked an attack from Mordred during their brief exchange)
Stamina: Tireless as long as his master can supply him with magic energy
Range: Standard melee range normally. Several kilometers with arrows
Standard Equipment: His bow and arrow
Intelligence: Chiron is known to have been bestowed with the wisdom of the Greek Gods, making him extremely knowledgeable in a variety of fields, and taught many Greek heroes the tools of their trade including the famous Heracles and Achilles. In addition to his expertise in the use of a bow, spear, and lance, he is also a master of Pankration, the oldest mixed martial art in Greece. With it he's able to to fight the likes of Mordred to a draw, breaking her arm while setting her up for a finishing blow at the cost of injuring his own shoulder, forcing a draw. He is even able to combine this with his archery, sending Achilles flying with a kick before attempting to shoot his heel while the latter was still in mid-air. In addition to his combat prowess, he is also a master healer, having taught the man who would become the Greek God of Medicine, Aesculapius. He is able to instantly diagnose Sieg's condition by scanning over him with his eyes and checking his pulse, as well as estimate the latter's lifespan. He is also a capable field commander, having been entrusted by Lancer to dictate the movements of the homunculi, golems, and his fellow Servants in Lancer's absence.
Weaknesses: Can only use his noble phantasm once per night
- Antares Snipe: Scorpion Shot: Chiron's trump card, the embodiment of the episode in his legend where he is said to always be aiming at the Scorpion in the sky after being turned into the Sagittarius constellation. It manifests as a sniping Noble Phantasm that "shoots a shining star", based on Chiron being said to have attained the ultimate shot an Archer can reach by piercing a star. It is a conceptual materialization of the constellation, but it is not limited to being activated when the constellation appears in the sky. It is not a shot fired from his bow, but a star that shoots a "comet shot", possessing a tracking ability to hit its target. It is capable of being fired the moment the target is decided by simply moving his fingers away from his already drawn bow, and it is unique in that it does not require its true name to be released or for it to be filled with magical energy to activate it because "After all, as long as there is a night sky, 'the star of the archer always aims at the scorpion.'" When Chiron dies this noble phantasm will automatically activate after a slight delay.
- Despite having a high rank, it possesses low attack power, making it a weakness that it must be planned out as to fatally hit the target as much as possible with each use for maximum efficiency. Should the target not possess any weak-points, Archer may deduce the ability to not be viable to utilize. It also possesses a secondary effect that Archer will keep hidden, the fact that it can only be used once per night, limiting its usage to around fourteen times in an average two week Holy Grail War.
- Independent Action: is the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can not supply Magical Energy due to injury.
- Magic Resistance: A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Chiron's B Rank Magic Resistance cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.
- Clairvoyance: connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this skill have acquired such abilities as precognition ("future vision") and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight (X-ray vision and so forth). Due to Chiron's B+ Rank proficiency in this skill, he can easily snipe targets from several kilometers away in addition to gaining limited Precognition when used in conjunction with Eye of the Mind (True).
- Eye of the Mind (True): A heightened capacity for observation, refined through experience. Due to Chiron's immense skill and knowledge, his A-Rank proficiency allows him to read body language with ease, granting him the ability to read Achilles's movements with ease.
- Divinity: is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as aMonster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank.
- Wisdom of Divine Gift: A gift of wisdom given by various Greek Gods to the character, making Chiron a master of a variety of professions. With a Master's consent, other Servants can be granted the skills he's learned due to his renown as a teacher of many heroes. However this does not apply to skills originated from different region or period.