|“||I will fight for the world I was made in! The earth is everything I've ever known!||„|
Amethyst is a member of the Crystal Gems. She is the last known Gem manufactured on Earth as a part of the Gem Homeworld's Kindergarten project, and the only Gem of the Crystal Gems to not come from Homeworld. After the Rebellion, Amethyst helped her friends protect the Earth over the next four millennia, and often aids in the shenanigans of Steven Universe, Rose Quartz's son.
Powers and Stats
Name: Amethyst (Known on the Gem Homeworld as Amethyst Facet-5 Cut-8XM)
Origin: Steven Universe
Gender: Genderless (Though appears as and commonly referred to as female)
Age: Over 6000 years old
Classification: Gem, Crystal Gem, Quartz Warrior
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Low-High), Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Shapeshifting, Size Manipulation, Body Control, Biological Manipulation, Hair Manipulation, Can fuse with other gems to become more powerful, Can contain gems in bubbles of energy, Automatic-adjustment to different strengths of gravity, Pocket Reality Manipulation (All Gems have a pocket dimension of infinite size contained within their gemstone), Does not need oxygen to survive, Skilled whip user, Fire Manipulation (Amethyst can set fire to her whips), Flight (Via shapeshifting), Spin Dash, Homing Attack, Energy Manipulation
Attack Potency: Country level (Her casual shapeshifting yielded this much energy, Revealed in the official guidebook to be not too far behind Garnet in strength, poofed a gem that could take hits from Jasper. Even very early on in the series, she, along with Garnet and Pearl, defeated a sentient island)
Lifting Strength: At least Class 50 (Should be superior to Steven, Can casually pull large rocks out of the ground and throw them with her whip)
Striking Strength: Country Class
Stamina: Limitless so long as her gem isn't damaged or destroyed
Range: Several meters with whip
Standard Equipment: Whip(s) (Upgraded to be a flail)
Intelligence: High (More through experience than actual intelligence. She is the least intelligent of the Crystal Gems)
Weaknesses: Enough damage to her physical form can revert her back to her vulnerable gem form which can be broken and destroyed, Shapeshifting can only be maintained for a limited amount of time, she tends to fool around while fighting
- Morning-Star/Whip Proficiency: Amethyst is very skilled with her whip, and mixes very well with her immense strength. She uses her whip to lash at opponents and cause damage that is strong enough to easily split a dumpster in half. Her lashes are sometimes so precise that they cut through objects in a clean line. Occasionally, she uses her whip to grab onto objects or lift them and throw them at the enemy. Her fighting style can sometimes be considered reckless and foolhardy; in "Monster Buddies", she used her whip to pull the Centipeetle Mother towards her, knocking her and the other Crystal Gems down. Amethyst can throw her whip to entangle or bind her target from afar. As of "Bismuth", Amethyst's whip has been upgraded to a morning star. It is also implied by Bismuth that her whip is unusual among Quartzes.
- Shape-shifting: While all Gems are capable of shapeshifting, Amethyst is particularly skilled at it, specializing in transformations. Her proficiency is high enough where she was able to transform herself into a fully-functional helicopter to transport the other Crystal Gems in "Message Received".
- Wrestling: Amethyst is a skilled wrestler, easily defeating all her human challengers in the Beach City Underground Wrestling league. She also does this by shapeshifting.
- Enhanced Digestion: Amethyst can eat glass, plastic, paper, etc. and can digest it without getting sick or disgusted. However, she can still get food poisoning, but won't die from it.
- Hair-Blade: Amethyst can use her hair to slash at an enemy with such potency it severs the claw of the Crab Gem Monster.
- Spin Dash: Amethyst can rapidly roll into a ball-like shape to attack enemies, but it is smaller than Jasper's.
- Homing Attack: Amethyst can hone in on nearby enemies while spin dashing.
- Whiplash Spin Dash: Amethyst is able to summon both of her whips, ignite them with purple fiery energy, and then spin dash on top of them, giving her spin dash a purple aura. When she makes contact with something, it causes a big purple explosion.