Note: This profile contains spoilers for the game Undertale. Please do not continue if you have yet to play the game and do not want to be spoiled.
The Amalgamates are a group of monsters who were brought back from the dead when Dr. Alphys injected them with Determination. Unfortunately, while all was initially well, monsters do not have enough physical matter in their bodies to handle copious amounts of Determination, and thus the subjects began to melt and merge with each other. Ashamed of her failure and guilt-ridden that she could not successfully return these monsters to their families, Alphys confined them to the True Lab in order to keep their existence a secret from the rest of the Underground.
Many the Amalgamates seem to have lost the vast majority of their memories and have regressed to a more animalistic nature. However, their old memories do still exist, and should Frisk successfully remind the creatures of their past, the child can proceed to spare them. Encounters with more wild Amalgamates must end peacefully or in Frisk's death, as due to possessing so much Determination yet lacking almost any sort of physical form, the beings are virtually impossible to actually harm.
During the game's true ending, should Frisk choose to explore the Underground one last time after the battle with Asriel Dreemurr, they will find that Alphys has returned the Amalgamates to their old homes. The Amalgamates seem to have regained all of their old memories and are now living happily with their families.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | 9-B
Name: Varies, The Amalgamates (collectively)
Age: Varies, though all were formed at roughly the same time
Classification: Undead monsters returned to life by Determination, Fusions of various denizens of the Underground
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Determination, Shapeshifting, Intangibility, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Regeneration (Possibly Mid-Godly due to their absurdly high concentration of Determination), Flight, Soul Manipulation, Reality Warping (At least on a very minor scale, though the full extent of their abilities is unknown), Matter Manipulation, Possibly Time Manipulation via Determination (Yet to be proven), Teleportation, Spatial Manipulation, Energy Projection (Lemon Bread, only) Data Manipulation (Memoryhead, only), Cryomancy (Snowdrake's mother, only), capable of firing rockets (Endogeny, only), Life Creation (Reaper Bird, only), Can ignore Durability to an extent via SOUL Magic (all of them), Danmaku
Attack Potency: Unknown (When checked, Memoryheads have an attack value of 10 higher than Frisk's. It is unknown if it is a true ability of the Memoryheads or just their general reality warping affecting their stats) | Unknown (Endogeny's attack stats are not shown, but it is likely comparable to Lemon Bread and Reaper Bird) | Unknown (Its stats are literally unknown) | Unknown (Its stats aren't shown) | Wall level (Capable of doing damage to Frisk, albeit minimal and while Frisk was completely unwilling to fight.)
Speed: Unknown. At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely much higher combat speed (While Memoryheads don't seem to move from place, their attacks are perfectly capable of surprising Frisk, as they move incredibly quickly) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Able to keep up with and corner Frisk) | Unknown. At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely much higher | Unknown. At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely much higher | Unknown
Lifting Strength: Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown
Durability: Unknown (While the Memoryheads have a defense value listed as 28, they are completely unable to be harmed. In fact, damage seems to heal it instead) | Unknown (Like the other Amalgamates, Endogeny is completely impervious to harm) | Unknown (Reaper Bird seems to be completely immune to all conventional forms of damage due to both not having a true physical body as well as being filled to the brim with Determination) | Unknown (Lemon Bread, like Reaper Bird, is impossible to harm) | Unknown (Despite having a defense value of -10, Snowdrake's mother appears to be just as invulnerable as the other Amalgamates, likely due to the Determination seeping through her being)
Stamina: Apparently limitless | Quite high | High | High | Apparently extremely low
Range: Unknown (its nature makes them extremely hard to determine in this respect)
Intelligence: While most of the Amalgamates seem to have become rather animalistic, they seem to regain their memories and personalities after being reunited with their families.
Weaknesses: It has lost most of its personality and appears to be insane | You can calm it down by playing with it | Also appears to be insane, but to a much lesser extent and becomes saner after being reunited with its family | Ditto | Many of its attacks actually appear outside the bullet board, making it impossible for them to affect you
- Ghost Faces: An attack used by the Memoryheads. White dots begin to pop into existence all around the opponent, and soon burst forth into wriggling faces. They will always appear in random locations.
- Rocket Charge: An attack used by Endogeny. Its legs retract into its body as it forms a rocket on its back, charging towards the opponent at high speeds.
- Projectile Spit: An attack used by Endogeny. It levitates up and down through the air, firing a barrage of projectiles from the orifice on its face.
- Everyman: A series of attacks used by Reaper Bird. Instead of attacking its opponent head on, it will create a white humanoid known as Everyman, who will initially just remain still. Soon, a swarm of butterflies will approach and surround Everyman, devouring his head. While this attack is only dangerous if the opponent willingly approaches it, it is nonetheless an incredibly offputting and sudden display. For the second attack, Everyman's head will be gone, now replaced with a writhing swarm of butterflies. He will walk towards the opponent, ravenous butterflies launching from his head in all directions. For the final attack, Everyman will regenerate his head before launching it at the opponent. He will do this in quick succession several times, forcing the opponent to dodge his barrage of heads.
- Chomp: An attack used by Lemon Bread. She will expand her mouth impossibly wide (easily the size of a room), attempting to chomp down on the enemy. To avoid this, her opponent must quickly take cover between the single, randomly placed gap in her teeth.
- Teeth Trap: An attack used by Lemon Bread. Her teeth will leave her mouth and surround the opponent, limiting their movement. She will then proceed to fire deadly balls of glowing energy from her eyes.
- Ice Blades: An attack used by Snowdrake's mother. Most of the time, they will just fall harmlessly onto the ground.
Key: Memoryhead | Endogeny | Reaper Bird | Lemon Bread | Snowdrake's Mother