|“||I am a Saint. Pick any unreasonable fight with me and I will shorten your life span.||„|
Acqua of the Back, real name William Orwell, was a member of God's Right Seat, aligned with the Archangel Gabriel and the element of water. A strong and willful man, he is a mercenary of renown in England and also a Saint of terrific power. He is one of the few characters Kamijou Touma faced to have easily defeated him in combat, though he was ultimately defeated throught the collaborative efforts of Kanzaki Kaori, the Amakusa Church, and Kamijou Touma.
While still recovering from his injuries he took part on the British Civil War, siding with the forces supporting princess Villian and defeating his old friend, the Knight Leader, in a duel. He also fought in the final fight of the war against princess Carissa. During World War III Acqua drained half of Archangel Gabriel's Telesma, which burned out his body and made him lose his God's Right Seat's and Saint's powers, though he still remains a powerful magician.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 6-C, likely higher | At least 6-C, likely higher | 7-A
Name: William Orwell, Acqua of The Back, Flere210 (One who changes the reason of tears)
Origin: To Aru Majutsu No Index
Age: Around his late 30s
Classification: Human, Magician, Saint, Mercenary, God's Right Seat member
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Magic, Rune magic, Healing Magic, Water and Ice Manipulation; Ability to negate all costs, burdens, punishments and negative side-effects from any magic spell he uses, to remove his body's natural limiters and to nullify punishment/sin based attacks; Veteran instincts bordering on precognition, master swordsman and mace user
Attack Potency: At least Island level, likely higher (Easily above Kanzaki Kaori and normal Saints) | At least Island level, likely higher (Even while still injured and weakened from his fight in Academy City he managed to defeat Knight Leader, who was superior to Kanzaki Kaori) | Mountain level (Described as still possessing a level of power comparable to a Saint, who can fight people like Hel, likely comparable to Knight Leader without Curtana's Blessing)
Speed: High Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic reactions/close combat speed (Faster than Kanzaki) | High Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic reactions/close combat speed (Could keep up with Knight Leader with Curtana Original's Blessing) | High Hypersonic with Massively Hypersonic reactions/close combat speed (Likely on par with Knight Leader)
Lifting Strength: Class M | Class M | Peak Human
Striking Strength: Island Class | Island Class | At least Mountain Class
Durability: At least Island level, likely higher | At least Island level, likely higher | Mountain level
Stamina: Virtually tireless due to Divine Mother's Mercy | Virtually tireless due to Divine Mother's Mercy | High
Range: Extended melee range (5m), dozens of meters to a few kilometers with water based attacks | Extended melee range (3.5m), dozens of meters to a few kilometers with water based attacks
Standard Equipment: A 5m Mace | Ascalon
Weaknesses: Normal human weaknesses. Saints are weak against anything that was used to torture Jesus; like objects like crosses, spears and thorns, and due to the combination of Divine's Mother Mercy and his Saint nature Acqua is more affected by them more than a normal Saint | Same as before | Normal human weaknesses
Divine Mother's Mercy: Acqua is aligned with the Archangel Gabriel and the Virgin Mary, giving him access to this magic. This particular ability enables the user the remove any negative side-effects of any magic, including costs, burdens and limitations. This allows Acqua to use normal magic, unlike other God's Right Seat members. It also allows him to draw power from his Saint status at a higher degree than normal Saints, who are limited by what their bodies can use without self-destructing, through the removal of his human body's natural limiters. This ability is also described as removing any and all sin from the user, thus practically having its user become a sinless human. Due to his, the user gains immunity to punishment based attacks, as the ability can be used to expiate the user's sins so that they can't be punished for them.
Rune magic/Water manipulation: Acqua is knowledgeable in the use of rune magic, specializing in the manipulation of water and ice in various forms through the rune Laguz (Water, Lake). Acqua, due to his alignment with Gabriel, is a powerful water magician.
- Moisture sense: By sensing the moisture in the air, Acqua was capable of understanding the movements of Academy City's nano-sized weapon Mimosa and predict its actions to evade it. It's likely through this skill that Acqua can sense persons, as he was able to instantly tell that the Academy City's powered suits and armored vehicles sent to fight him were unmanned due to not sensing a human being on them.
- Water movement spell: This technique is his brand as a mercenary. He uses water to apply a layer between his feet and the ground, allowing him to glide and slide on the floor instead of running. This allows him to move in such a way that he can't be predicted by opponents.
- Offensive water manipulation: Acqua can use magic to shoot compressed water and to detonate water or steam pipes to create a bomb, assaulting the enemy with the pipe's fragments. Acqua can also use several tons of water to create water torrents that looks like a water hand or a dragon's jaw, 20m long columns of water to smash his enemies like a huge hammer, water tsunamis, water whips, melt snow to create torrents made of dozens of tons of water, create water spheres to shield himself from attacks or heat/flames, create exploding spheres of water vapor capable of shattering a thick reinforced concrete fortress, etc. Acqua can also use water to create a large constantly shifting magical array that gives him control over any water around him, down to the single drops of water floating the air and launch his attacks from every direction. During his fight with Kanzaki Acqua was controlling five thousand tons of water in a 2 kilometers radius magical array.
- Ice manipulation: Acqua's control over water extends to ice. He has been shown using several 30m ice spears and massive spherical blocks of ice to attack his enemies.
- Blood Rune: Acqua can use his blood to write runes in his mace to strengthen it. Upon the runes' activation, Kanzaki felt as if the mace's weight and pressure had increased exponentially countless times over.
- Other spells: Additionally, during his fight with Kanzaki Acqua attacked her with vacuum blades and rocks.
Moon Spell: Acqua's strongest mace attack. First he jumps up to 40 meters in the air. Then he uses the moon or something that represents the moon (For example, an image of the moon on a giant screen was shown to work) to draw power from his connection to Gabriel. The power makes his mace glow a bluish white before Acqua shoots down towards his opponent like a falling meteor. Although the first time he used this attack it was muffled by Kanzaki Kaori, it had enough strength left to collapse a a 100 meters circular section of Academy City's District 22's fourth level into the next underground level 20 meters below and severely damaged Kanzaki, even if Acqua had only jumped 20 meters. Acqua uses the following chant for this spell: "The Divine Mother shall remove all evil. In depicting this power called the Truth of God, let your mercy rise to the heavens!!”
Mace: Originally Acqua used a giant 5m long mace that looked similar to a knight's lance. He could summon the mace from his own shadow using magic.
Ascalon: Also known as the Great Sword Ascalon, it's a giant sword given to Acqua before the British Civil War. It was created at the end of the 16th century by an artist who based it on the sword used by St. George. The sword was created around the idea of working out what exactly would be needed to slay the 50m dragon from the legend if it had actually existed. The result was a giant sword 3.5m long and weighing 200kg. The sword possesses various traits which are designed to allow it to be used in different ways, meant to cut through the different parts of the dragon. Magical power is supplied to the section of Ascalon which is to be used and the shine of the blade changes colour depending on which function is being used.
- Red: A thick axe-like blade, meant to cleave the dragon's sinews.
- Blue: A thin razor-like blade, meant to cut away the dragon's fat.
- Green: A church-key spike in the blade, meant to tear the dragon's scales off.
- Yellow: A fretsaw wire nestled on the blade, meant to disembowel the dragon.
- Purple: A giant saw on the back of the blade, meant to sever the dragon's bones.
- Pink: A hook spike attached to the pommel, meant to pull out the dragon's fangs.
- White: A close-combat spike near the grip, meant to gouge out the dragon's nerves.
The sword also has two hidden weapons. First, the handle can be removed from the giant sword, revealing a hidden sword over a meter long which can be shot out from the handle and swung around by an extremely small metal wire. The blade can be connected to the handle again by rolling up the wire. Second, the handle can burst out something similar to tree sap that hardens in contact with the air, creating a spiked club similar to Acqua's original mace.
Healing Magic: Acqua is knowledgeable enough in healing magic to be able to patch up the injuries he received fighting the Knight Leader.
Mercenary Abilities: Acqua has many years of knowledge in the field of battle from his mercenary career experience, so he can perform maneuvers like blocking a physical attack without seeing it or judging the distance and direction of an attack only by wind pressure.
Key: Pre-Saint Destroyer | With Ascalon | Post-World War III